As mentioned in another post seashells have long been highly valued, sacred and respected items. They served as currency in Asia and Africa, are still used for decoration, and have sacred associations with the Hindi god Vishnu and Venus.
As our physical bodies are composed of 70% water (up to 90% for children). Healing with shells that come from the oceans resonates with our own body fluids such as blood, endocrine, respiratory and digestive juices as well as being connected to all bodies of water within our wonderful blue-green planet. That’s why we are greatly influenced by the water element. Water represents our emotions. By staying in contact with seashells, we open and activate our intuition and sensitivity. This allows us to be able to express and share our emotions and ideas, as we begin to heal ourselves and have a greater impact on others and healing of the planetary family
- Natural seashells are placed on the body at specific points on our body. This treatment is done with the clothes on.
- Energy is then channeled into the body. It works on many levels simultaneously: physical, mental, emotional and the subtle spiritual bodies.
- On an energetic level shells are powerful healing tools for both the physical and ethereal body. Shells resonance makes easy awareness of our nature and brings harmony. They help us understand that we are part of the same stream of life – built of the same elements as air, water and rock.
Seashell Healing also uses channeled energy which is freely given by the universe and thus offers a truly beneficial treatment. It is a deeply relaxing and enjoyable experience.
Every species of sea creature has its own message for us that offer guidance for our lives.
How it’s done:
These are some of the physical and emotional benefits:
1) Eliminates deep-seated pains, traumas and congested energy.
2) Helps clear any childhood programming returning us to the memory pattern of natural harmony.
3) Improves our feeling of existence by bringing us more fully into the present.
4) Assists in manifesting our goals and holding on to our visions and dreams.
5) A deeply relaxing experience physically and mentally
6) Expands our state of mental awareness.
Mixing the modalities of Sound and Seashells to remind the body how it should be functioning is to me a natural remedy because the blueprint is already built within our make-up. When the body is out of sync illness can ensue and for many the illness is prolonged because the natural healing ability of the body has become confused and therefore, it falters not knowing which way to move in order to improve wellbeing.
By remembering our genetic make-up of water and vibration we can assist our ailing body and encourage it to revive itself, thus giving us back our energy, health and zest for life once more.